Mind your own Business : notesPosted: February 5, 2016
Meeting 19th jan
- Always have a plan B
- Have to know how other companies sell the same products
- Know the tye of people your going to b selling to… students(uni) staff…. 2 very different age groups .. important to know the difference and what both might like
- Reference people in talks in ur blog to make points and discussion pieces….. reflection
- How do u take the things u learned here and put them back into ur subject projects
- Approaches to have 12 bullet point in the brief
- Should have 3 blog post by now
- Video diary discussion….. picture montage …. Or does it have to b a video video….
- “brand value” show wat kind of company is the brand … Gucci or primark???? ….. how do u show that …. Logos and graphic identy of the brand
- Start thinking about how to pitch your business
- BUSINES CARDS !!!!!!! need to b given out at the pitch
- Receipts list of money spend and on what
- Feedback about the ideas and overall project…. Survey monkey
- Meaningful interruption of the creative process…. Talking to people about it so you don’t get stuck on something
- Why do they want to buy it ….. diserability factor …. Of ur pieces
- Don’t let your product hover circulate around valentines day …. Because of the date of the sale
Talk 19th jan
- Chris smith
- Intellectual property explained
- The ipo
- Copy right …..patent …. And trade marks
- Ip for business…. App tool kit something
- In the booklet
- Trade marks
- Any sign which is capable of being represented through graphics
- Name …. Logo… domain name….. slogan… colour theme… shape theme…. Non traditional… music … smell
- “a badge of origin”
- Criteria for registration
- 170 application fee
- Some will create a bad looking logo… rude… naughty… on purpose to make ppl ntice it more
- Different fes and stuff for protection in different countrys ie EU: 900 euros
- Avoid expensive mistake
- Awareness of competing marks
- The creator owns the copyright…. R u paying for a service or the copy right…. Webpage someone designed it and u just have a part or it as urs….urs is only the cntent I the . they own the website and the copy right… but ppl cant copy what u have written because u own the copy right
- Copy right will last 70 yrs after the death of the author … tv and radio 50 yrs and sound and recordings 70 yrs from the frist publication
- Watermark ur work
- Record the work in some way … email it to your self photocopies and photos
- Electronic fingerprint … send it to yourself … photos with watermarks
Talk 21st jan
- Understanding what ppl what and need
- Hearing there issues
- Observations and insights
- Seeing how things that are designd can be useful but also a hinderance… road crossing with set time not enough to allow people to cross over
- Turn a design on its head …. Make it completely original from the other products that came before ….
- Tell a good story…. A good story to help sell the product
- Transparency of where the product comes from
- Positive impacts on the surrounding of making the product … ie who lives there….. who makes the product
- Identify the values that matter
- Identify the real need tell a good story
- Don’t forget the people u r designing for
Presentation …. 3 oclock slot
The final week,
– products ready sale
– finished to the highest of standards …. would it b sold in an official store …. ie use handmade as an official term to describe the product to help it sell as its a selling point
– have the nicest / best one on the table … to make the stall look better
– packaging …. product details … labelling ….
– quality detail packaging … so when someone buys it thry walk with part of an advertisement to help sell more
– customer feedback
– how do u get there thought’s with out being a crazy person …. u need testormonials for the presentation. … what u like what u dont …. y did u buy it …. need the name of the person snd that they agree its ok to use there words in business plan and presentation
– business plan … copy each must have and 1 additional spiral bound to give to the bored eith plastic covers … and digital copy to richard email
– sales event
– design and well made and lots of branding …. just as well made if not bettrr then he products
– no drips
– CORNER OF THE HEART SPACE …..
– flyers and other promotion. … on the tables in the heart space ….
– 7:45 …. stand needs to b up and running
– appropriate for a business proposal
– lots of good pictures of the selling day
– camera not a phones
– 1 to 1.30 video at the presentation ….
– electonic posters !!!!!!!
– video !!!!!!
– use ur best speaker to convey the most important parts of the presentation !!!!
– everyone needs to have a part to say
– all purchases and materials and reciepts need to b recorded accurately
– angie will take all the money then we will get the profit back to use later that day
– personal dress code and branded clothing
– down to u
Typical questions for presentation
– how many products do u need to make a turnover of 1000 ?
– how do u divide up the task?
– why did u divide them up the way u did ?
– how did u deal with disagreement?
– how did u negotiate the best price for the material’s …. did u makes any savings?
– pricing ? Market research done ?
– how do ur teams agreed values relate to your range of products?
– how did u structure of he business plan …. how did u change it to fit with ur product?
– how successful was the sale event’s. .. what would u do differently?
– what aspect of the project was the most important part of the project?
– how can u diversify into other product ranges and what might they b ?
– core values …. reflections on everything u did
– dont lie
– give ppl the area they did to talk about … natural
– rehearsal ….